Volunteer with service dogs to brighten your day and help someone in need.
If you love dogs and appreciate the life-changing contribution service dogs in PA make in people’s lives, we offer a variety of service dog volunteer opportunities:
- Puppy Homes. Give us 2 months of your time, patience, and love to train a puppy before they enter one of our Pups In Prison programs. Give us 6 months when the pup turns 1 year old and enters intermediate training for 6 months before entering our kennel for their final phase of training.
- Puppy Sitters. Provide a short respite for puppy home sponsors by keeping their pups while they’re away from home.
- Puppy Pals. Assist a puppy home by playing with, exercising, and training a puppy.
- Puppy Cuddlers. Socialization helps our new puppies feel comfortable around people. Sign up for our puppy cuddler email list, and you’ll receive a notification when we have new puppies that need to be snuggled and loved. These puppy hugging spots fill up quickly, so make sure you sign up as soon as you get a notification!
- Special Events Volunteers. Help out at service dog special events, shows, and fundraisers.
- High School Senior Projects. Raising a UDS service dog puppy is the perfect community service project for dog-loving high school seniors.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Become a social media friend to stay in touch with our pups!